Keeping a clean and hygienic home is essential for the safety of all members of the family. Unfortunately, many of us don’t realize that there may be dirtier areas of our homes than we think. Here are some of the dirtiest places in your home and how to clean them.
The kitchen is by far the dirtiest room in the house. The kitchen can be a breeding ground for germs and bacteria, from food stains and grease splatters to dusty surfaces. Fortunately, the proper cleaning and sanitizing techniques can help keep it clean and germ-free.
- Regularly clean and disinfect cutting boards, countertops, and other surfaces after use.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down all kitchen surfaces, including cupboards and shelves.
- Ensure to wash dishes thoroughly after every use and leave them to air dry or use a dishwasher.
- Keep food contamination in mind and use different cutting boards for different types of food.
- Clean the garbage can regularly using a disinfecting cleaner.
The bathroom is another hotbed of dirt and grime. Keeping the toilets, showers, and sinks clean and free of germs is essential.
- Wipe down toilets, countertops, and other surfaces with a cleaner specifically formulated for bathroom use.
- Regularly sanitize the shower and bathtub to help reduce the presence of germs, mold, and mildew.
- Clean and disinfect the sink and faucet after each use.
- Remember to clean and disinfect your toothbrush holder and other areas where damp items are stored.
- Make sure to replace shower curtains and wash any bathmats and rugs regularly.
Bedrooms are not the dirtiest areas in the home, but you should still keep them tidy. Take the time to do regular dusting and vacuuming of the beds and furniture and go over all surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Don’t forget to wash your bed sheets, pillows, and mattress covers regularly.
- If you have carpets, make sure to vacuum them every week.
- Keep the windows open to give the air a chance to circulate.
- Make sure that all laundry is washed and put away immediately.
- Don’t forget to clean and disinfect any shared items, such as remotes, phones, and computers.
Living rooms may seem fairly clean but often contain dirt, dust, and germs. Take the time to clean the room a few times a week thoroughly.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to go over all furniture, carpets, and rugs.
- Use a damp cloth to clean surfaces and areas that are hard to reach with a vacuum.
- Sanitize any remote controls and other items that may have come into contact with different hands.
- Dust off lamps and other items that tend to accumulate dust easily.
- Clean and polish any hardwood and leather furniture regularly.
- Disinfect any common areas in the living room that are prone to germs and bacteria.
Keeping your home clean and free of dirt and germs is essential for the safety of all its inhabitants. Regular cleaning and maintenance will help keep germs at bay and ensure your home remains clean and hygienic. Make sure to take the time to clean all surfaces, especially in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and living room, to keep your home as clean as possible.
Are you looking to have your home refreshed and revitalized? Inside Out Cleaning offers the best deep cleaners in Seattle, WA, Phoenix, AZ, Austin, TX, and surrounding areas. With our services, you can enjoy a spotless and sparkling home you can be proud of.